ANOTHER BEST DAY—AT WORK
Work is essential to a person’s dignity, not to mention their economic self-sufficiency. Through our Supported Employment program, IKUS helps individuals with disabilities train for and obtain gainful employment. By doing so, clients enrich their own lives as well as the community around them.
- FAST FACTS
- Adults ages 18 and up who are able to work independently
- Year-round services
- Clients will utilize their own means of transportation.
ACHIEVING VOCATIONAL SUCCESS
The Supported Employment program is designed to help individuals with disabilities achieve their dream of being gainfully employed. This program is geared toward individuals who are ready to be employed in a community workforce setting but may need assistance in areas of job creation, interviewing techniques, and social workplace skills.
We assist with resume prep, job exploration, filling out applications, interview training, and on-the-job training. The goal of Supported Employment is to help individual discover their occupational passions while coaching them to vocational success. The program has a low staff-to-client ratio in order to provide individual jobsite creation training and retention assistance. Some training will occur at Indian Trails Camp, but the majority of the program will be held at various community workforce settings.
The Supported Employment program:
- Is an innovative and results-driven service that assists clients in overcoming vocational barriers and finding and retaining gainful employment.
- Assists the West Michigan community in securing strong employment applicants.
- Places clients in a community workforce setting in twelve months or less. They are then discontinued from the Supported Employment program.
Work is essential to a person’s dignity, not to mention their economic self-sufficiency. Through our Supported Employment and Skill Building programs, IKUS Catering helps individuals with disabilities train for and obtain gainful employment in the culinary field or related fields.
Visit the IKUS Catering page for more information and menus.