https://ikuslife.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Campfire-Nachos-e1627943093994.png 818 734 IKUS https://ikuslife.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/IKUS-white_logo_small.png IKUS2021-08-02 18:27:142021-08-02 18:27:14August 2021 Newsletter—Campfire Nachos
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 3 1/2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken (great way to use leftover chicken)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 c. fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears corn)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 12 ounces pepper-Jack cheese (about 3 cups), divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- Build a campfire or set up grill for indirect cooking and heat to medium.
- Toss together chicken, onion, bell pepper, corn, beans, and 8 ounces cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tear six 12-inch squares of aluminum foil. Place one-sixth of chips, chicken mixture, and remaining cheese on one end of a piece of foil, leaving a 3-inch border.
- Fold foil over filling to create a packet and crimp edges to seal. Repeat with remaining foil, chips, chicken mixture, and cheese.
- Grill packets over indirect heat until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed through, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer packets to plates and carefully open.
- Top with cilantro and tomato. Serve with lime wedges alongside.
- Grill or Campfire (under supervision)
- Tin Foil
- Lighter (under supervision)
- Hands cooking
- Follow step by step instructions
- Social group interaction
- Learn about more ways to include all food groups into meals