UPDATE: THIS JOB OPENING HAS BEEN FILLED. Visit our Employment Opportunities page for information on other positions.
Join a team that is all about making a difference. IKUS Life Enrichment Service is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing individuals with disabilities an enriched life experience through recreation, advocacy and meaningful relationships. We are currently seeking applicants for a Vocational Lead Staff position:
The vocational lead staff member provides leadership for the vocational services department at IKUS Life Enrichment Services. This position involves leading and facilitating all three components of job development: 1) Job Creation/Community Networking, 2) Job Development and Job Coaching, and 3) Assisting in Client’s Obtaining Their Personal Goals of Gainful Community Employment.
Summary of essential job functions
• Relate, interact, and communicate positively with Supported Employment clients.
• Provide training for general work/employability skills as well as social skills training as it relates to an employment setting.
• Provide necessary orientation, training, supervision, and follow-along services to assigned clients at the work site or work setting.
• Develop plan and implement strategies to ensure that the individual meets quality and productivity expectations, and follows employer’s policies. Work with individual on developing problem solving skills.
• Perform transportation training and educate individuals and families about available transportation options. Review public transportation routes and schedules as indicated.
• Develop and write Vocational Assessments on clients.
• Develop community partnerships and work-site settings.
• Complete Daily Report after each client contact and/or meeting.
• Follow Community Mental Health guidelines for client supervision.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Download a complete Job Description.
Download a Staff Application.