UPDATE: THIS JOB OPENING HAS BEEN FILLED. Visit our Employment Opportunities page for information on other positions.
Join a team that is all about making a difference. IKUS Life Enrichment Service is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing individuals with disabilities an enriched life experience through recreation, advocacy and meaningful relationships. We are currently seeking applicants for a Community Living Support Manager:
The Community Living Support (CLS) Manager provides leadership for CLS Department at IKUS Life Enrichment Services. The Manager will lead, monitor, train, teach, and assist individuals with disabilities in the areas of community skills while maintaining positive community involvement. Participate in the planning, documentation, and evaluation of Community Living Support (CLS) plan as stated in Person-Centered Planning (PCP) process and that is consistent with Recipient Rights, HIPAA and organizational procedures. Model appropriate behavior to clients served. Assist and advocate on clients’ behalf on becoming acclimated to the community as well as encourage building positive community relations. The Community Living Support Manager will be responsible for administrative duties as well as lead, direct, train, and evaluate Community Living Support Mentors.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Oversee the day-to-day services of the IKUS CLS program
• Work 10-15 hours of 1-on-1 CLS client shifts per week
• Relate, interact, and communicate positively with the clients served in Community Living Support
• Support and assist the clients in developing skills that will further their independence, increase their community involvement, and improve their quality of life
• Display, mentor, role model professional conduct, a positive attitude, and team building
• Assist in the hiring and scheduling of CLS Mentors
• Supervise, train, and evaluate Mentors
• Recognize and acknowledge exemplary performance by Mentors
• Attend PCP meetings and conduct staff meetings
• Verify that all CLS Mentors complete CLS and Skill Building billing
• Visit CLS Mentor and client during service delivery to ensure quality services
• Communicate with Clients, Families, Supports Coordinators, and Staff routinely
• Follow Contract Providers guidelines for client supervision
• Safely transport CLS clients in IKUS vehicles to and from their home and community outings
• Document all relevant information on billing sheets, data collection sheets, and Incident Reports in a timely and professional manner
• Provide a safe and healthy environment by cleaning buildings and materials that are being used by CLS service
• Implement client CLS plan and goals including assisting clients with direct care needs, daily housekeeping, etc
• Perform other duties as assigned
Download a complete Job Description.
Download a Staff Application.