Join a team that is all about making a difference. IKUS Life Enrichment Service is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing individuals with disabilities an enriched life experience through recreation, advocacy and meaningful relationships. We are currently seeking applicants for our Activities Coordinator position:
IKUS Life Enrichment Services is looking for an Activities Coordinator who will be responsible to plan, coordinate, execute and facilitate the scheduling of all life enrichment activities (Education, Social Recreation, Arts, and Sports/Fitness) for the Kate Pew Wolters Center and Indian Trails Camp. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: scheduling classes, activities and large group events, collecting daily data on program participants, ensuring staffing levels to meet all health and safety needs of participants, supervision and facilitation of adaptive and inclusive activities that promote participation.
The Activities Coordinator will provide a quality experience to all individuals served based on the organization’s four core values of: Compassion, Community, Accessibility and Sustainability.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Four year degree in related field from an accredited college/university.
• Documented experience working with individuals of all abilities.
• Organizational skills for scheduling activities; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Etc.)
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision
• Ability to give supervision and guidance to staff
• Ability to assist in teaching/leading an activity
• Ability to multi-task with the understanding of program(s) on micro and macro levels
• Good character and ability to adapt to organizational culture; enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
• Lifeguard certification preferred
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
• Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
• Be organized and detail oriented
• Working knowledge of Google docs and Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word
• Serve as a resource for staff
• Fill out daily and weekly participant reports
• Identify, minimize and eliminate, where possible, any risks that could cause accidents
• Organize and produce activity schedules across all programs
• Assist in general cleaning of facility when needed
• Performs any other functions deemed to be necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of IKUS Life Enrichment Services.
This is a full time position which includes some weekend and evening hours. Salary commensurate with experience along with benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.